1. Install the App
The Expeditions app is currently only available for Android devices but an iOS app is promised to be available soon.
2. Get the Kit Expeditions can be used with many of the devices schools or students already have—either smartphones with Google Cardboard or tablets in 2D full screen mode. Best Buy Education will be making Expeditions kits available for schools to purchase.
Order your Kit
3. Connect Connect devices over the same WiFi network. Once the Guide has downloaded some Expeditions, there is no internet connectivity required to run the Expedition.
4. Select Your Adventure With more than 200 Expeditions to choose from, students can journey far and wide, learning from immersive new experiences.
Educational content providers include:
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Each expedition includes:
a curated set of Virtual Reality imagery
talking points and questions
Create your own Expeditions experience with Mobile Apps:
1. Google Cardboard Go on an Urban Hike - Visit the Eiffel Tower, Venice Canals, the Old City of Jerusalem, and underwater at the Great Barrier Reef.
2. Cardboard Camera Takes 3D VR photos. Hear the sounds as they happened,and look around to see the scene in every direction. Tip: Take a 360 degree panorama while capturing sound.
3. StreetView Use the Google Street View Camera to create your own 360 degree Photospheres.
4. Create 360 Video Start taking 360 Video with the Rico Theta (hardware to purchase) Camera and upload to YouTube to view in Cardboard.
5. Storyspheres allows you to upload 360 degree images and create audio triggers.
6. 360 YouTube Video Experience 360 Video on YouTube by searching #360 or go to the 360 channel @ 360 Videos Cardboard not needed, just move the video around on your computer screen.
Want more? Check out Teacher Resources List Here!